Reference for analysis of oxidative/radioactive stress RNA/DNA hydrolysates. The corresponding ribo and 2'-deoxynucleosides (Cat. Nos. H 011, D 050) are available as well. Detailed technical information available. References: Kaur & Halliwell, Biochem. J., 318, 21 - 22 (1996); Hartmann et al., Radiat. Phys. Chem., 76, 834 - 840 (2007). This compound is also part of the Ko-Libri compound library (K 001)
> 95% HPLC
-20°C / -4°F
Molecular weight [g/mol]
Absorption max [nm]
Molar extinction coefficient ε [L·mol⁻¹·cm⁻¹]
1. Hartmann J., Quint R. M.Getoff N., Radiat. Phys. Chem., 76, 834 - 840 (2007), "Radiolysis of Aqueous Adenine (Vitamin B4) and 8-Hydroxyadenine"
2. Miyoshi K., Kawakami N., Horio S.Fukui H., Methods Find. Exp. Clin. Pharmacol., 25, 343 - 347 (2003), "Inhibition of Histamine hi Receptor Downregulation by KT5823, a Protein Kinase G Inhibitor"
3. Halliwell B., Mutat. Res., 443, 37 - 52 (1999), "Oxygen and Nitrogen are Pro-carcinogens. Damage to DNA by Reactive Oxygen, Chlorine and Nitrogen Species: Measurement, Mechanism and the Effects of Nutrition"
4. Kaur H.Argentieri D. C., Biochem. J., 318, 21 - 23 (1996), "Measurement of Oxidized and Methylated DNA Bases by HPLC with Electrochemical-detection"
5. Reitz A. B., Goodman M. G., Pope B. L., Argentieri D. C., Bell S. C., Burr L. E., Chourmouzis E., Goodman J. H., Klaubert D. H., Maranoff M. E., Rampulla M. S., Schott M. R.Chen R., J.Med.Chem., 37, 3561 - 3578 (1994), "Small-Molecule Immunostimulants. Synthesis and Activity of 7,8-Disubstitutet Guanosines and Structurally Related Compounds"